This shows how to download the firmware and copy it in a memory card.
In this explanation, Mac OSX 10.6 is used as an example to demonstrate the procedure. The procedure is almost the same with other OS versions.
Note: Prepare a memory card reader/writer or a computer with a memory card slot applicable to the memory card to use.
(Example) Left: memory card reader/writer, Right: memory card slot
1. Access the Fujififilm website (http://www.fujifilm.com/) and click Support at the top.
2. Click Download Drivers & Software.
3. Click Digital Camera Firmware at the top.
4. Click on your camera model.
Note: In this explanation, FUJIFILM X-Pro1 is used as an example to demonstrate the procedure.
5. In the Firmware Update screen that appears, read the contents while scrolling down to the bottom, and then click "I Agree - Begin Download."
6. Click the file to download FPUPDATE.DAT [xx.xMB*].
* The file size may differ depending on the model.
7. Downloading starts. Wait for a while until the screen shown at the under appears, and then click the icon circled in red.
Now the firmware downloading is completed.
Next, copy the file to a memory card.
8. Find the downloaded file.
9. Connect the memory card reader/writer to the computer and insert the memory card into the slot.
If the computer has an available memory card slot, just insert the memory card into the slot.
Note: Use a memory card formatted by the camera.
10. The device icon appears on Desktop as "Untitled." Copy the downloaded file to "Untitled."
Now the firmware is downloaded and copied in the memory card.